Friday, March 12, 2010

Back to the basics...

I like to keep my shoots simple. Outdoor shoots usually involve me, a model, and my camera bag complete with one camera body, two lenses, and one flash that I rarely use.

Occasionally, I switch things up and bring a reflector, maybe even a light stand to do some off camera lighting.

Indoors, I shoot against a wall. Basically, I work with what I'm given. If that means a plain white wall, I'm good with that. Painted walls are always fun. And I always love to use the furniture available to come up with unique shots.


That was shot in my 'dining room', on top of my 'dining room' table, while my cats ran rampant around the apartment.



This was shot at the model's home. We stole a chair from the kitchen, placed it in the living room, and got creative.


My favorite light...the sun. I adore backlit images, and the road that Tiffany and I found was perfect to get a great backlit shot with nothing more than a camera.

I keep things simple on my shoots. No fancy equipment. Just a camera, maybe a light or two for indoor shoots, and occasionally a reflector. That's the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment