Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Fashion Side of Things


It's funny how life works, it really is.

When I first started shooting, I said I would never shoot fashion. Although I love fashion, and I have a few copies of Vogue stowed away in a bookshelf, fashion didn't seem the right fit for me. If you've seen me, I'm a bit of an awkward girl, mousy, crooked smile, and I certainly don't appear to be the height of fashion. But hey, if Ann Ward can be fashion, so can I...right?

So here I am, shooting the fashion side of things (as I like to call it).

I love Terry Richardson, although I find his actions with models questionable. The ring flash is my new best friend. And as I continue to shoot, I'm realizing more and more how much I love fashion and how malleable I find it.

Fashion isn't just about clothes, it's a mood, it's a lifestyle. The lighting can be simple or complex. The clothing can be intricate, or minimal. But somehow it all ties together to create the fashion genre...it just works.

And it just works for me. It 'appeals' to me as I often tell people, and I plan to continue down the fashion path as long as it continues to 'appeal' to me.

What does that mean for you? Well, more fashion work on my Facebook, and more of a fashion focus in portrait shoots and even weddings. I want to infuse fashion into all facets of my work, subtly, but with flair. I want to create something unique and new for the Quad Cities, and I hope that it'll have a place. If not, well, I suppose I'll have to make one.

1 comment:

  1. Wooooot! Do your thang miss thang!! Love the new stuff!

    Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete